So I’m sitting at a local coffee shop getting some work done (insert praise hands here), and we’re starting to emerge from the gopher hole that is moving your family cross country and unpacking. We even went on our first family outing to the Dallas Zoo the other day–so fun! We’re so used to a more quaint-sized zoo like the one we had in Santa Barbara, so Aria was just in awe of all the different animals she hadn’t seen in person before. We’re beginning to get wafts of what normal life will look like, and I’m beyond excited to really get into a rhythm that works for our family. I wanted to share with you some of my Friday faves.
Fave Quick Reads
Bob Goff Shares the Secret to Loving Difficult People— I love Bob Goff, and this article is a great one! If you get a chance, I’d highly recommend that you pick up Everybody Always if you’re looking for a good book!
Dear Kids, When I Mess up— A good friend of mine is an amazing writer. She’s raw, she’s real, and she’s funny. This is one of her recent posts, and I could so relate. Go check it out. You’re welcome.
The 10 Best Natural Foundations for All Skin Tones & Types— super quick read on why you should switch to a safer/cleaner foundation. Beautycounter’s Skin Tint made the cut (woot woot)!
Mom & Life Hacks
Here are things that have been making my life so much easier/more streamlined lately:
This isn’t a fad. This is one of my kitchen BFF’s. It’s speedy (I love good food, but honestly, I don’t always have the time or energy it takes to go all out the old-fashioned way), and it helps me save money.
Here are three of my fave recipes lately:
- Instant Pot Yogurt –My kids go through yogurt like crazy, and making it at home is so much cheaper. I use this to turn my yogurt into greek yogurt. I top their yogurt with local raw honey, hemp seeds, and sometimes granola :).
- Instant Pot Oatmeal –Oatmeal is a breakfast staple for the kids. I top theirs with frozen blueberries (which helps cool everything down) or other fresh fruit, hemp seed, local raw honey, a splash of almond milk. This is great for when you have guests too–oatmeal bar!
- Instant Pot Chili — It’s been cold here, so we’re all about a good, comforting bowl of chili. I used this recipe but tweaked it: We didn’t have bacon on hand, so I skipped that part. I also added a small can of mild green chilies and used a green bell pepper instead of a red one since that’s what I had. The kids were a big fan. I serve it with tortilla chips, brown rice, some sourdough bread, or even mixed in with some mac and cheese.
When we first moved here and I was navigating the seas of boxes to pack, the last thing I wanted to do was go out and figure out where my local grocery stores were. The thought of packing my kids up, looking for stores, getting them out of the car, and then having enough distractions to help them last the whole shopping trip felt like a mental bomb waiting to go off. I saw one friend of mine talk about Instacart on Instagram and then other local friend told me she uses it , so I decided to try it for myself. I’m SOLD. I’m a believer. Game changer. My groceries show up at my door, and I can do what I need to at home without packing the kids up. You can try it out for free for two weeks! If you want $10 off your first order, you can use this code at checkout: E4429B11CB.
Free Gift w/ Purchase!
(This deal has ended.)
You guys. One of my fave Beautycounter products is the free gift with purchase right now; it also happens to be one of our hero products! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably heard me talk about the Cleansing Balm before. It’s crazy versatile. I use it as a solid cleanser to get makeup off of my face, as on overnight mask, and as spot treatment on the kids’ faces when they get dry in the cold weather. Here are other ways you can use one of Beautycounter’s most highly rated products:
When you spend $175+ (from now until February 25th), you’ll get a full-sized Cleansing Balm for free (it’s a $69 value). This jar lasts me well over 6 months (usually 7-9). I love it for travel as well since it acts as my cleanser, overnight mask/moisturizer.
If you need some ideas of what to try out, I highly recommend the following:
- The Dew Skin — This is our tinted moisturizer w/ SPF and it’s my BFF product. I always have a backup.
- The Overnight Resurfacing Peel — This is like a facial in a bottle. It reduces fine lines/sun spots/acne scarring while helping to reveal brighter skin.
- The Flawless in Five is a great way to make a clean swap of your everyday makeup products! You get 6 products that you can use in 5 mins to get a pulled-together look!
- The Counterman line has great products for men if you have someone in your life who wants safer grooming products. Dave really enjoys the shave regimen!
If you need any help with recommendations or have any questions, let me know in the comments or shoot me a DM on my Instagram account! I’m happy to help :).
Hope you’re having a great day and that you’ve got a great weekend ahead!